Nielsen Online released their “Nielsen 2010 Social Media Report” today which has a wealth of statisitcs on the social media landscape here in Australia.
Among the findings:
- 9 million Australians now interact via social networks
- content sharing is the most popular activity
- 4 in 5 Australian Internet users have shared a photo
- Twitter usage grew by 400% in 2009
- Nearly 3/4 of Australians read a wiki
- 2 in 5 Australians interact with companies via social networks
Read a PDF of today’s press release.